Currently the Artist All Call is CLOSED and we will not be accepting anymore participants. Thank you for your interest.
2nd Annual CTAC Exhibit ~ EKPHRASIS: Words & Pictures
Creativity cannot thrive in isolation and for centuries, art and literature have complimented each other to inspire thriving art cultures around the world. Ekphrasis is a literary description of or commentary on a visual work of art. Central Texas Artist Collective challenges writers and artists in our community to help create a unique exhibit with words and pictures.
- Open to all artists, professional and amateur, who are up to a challenge of collaboration and community.
- ARTISTS AND WRITERS WILL BE PAIRED randomly, unless otherwise requested.
- There is no specific theme for the creation of artwork/written descriptive commentary
- Both artists and writers must be willing to collaborate and produce an Ekphrasis combination.
- Prompts can be provided if requested by the paired artist and writer.
- May submit artwork in Acrylic, Airbrush, Assemblage, Charcoal, Color Pencil, Collage, Digital Art, Drawings, Encaustic, Graphite, Fiber Arts, Illustration, Mixed Media, New Media, Oil, Pastel, Traditional and Digital Photography, Textiles, Watercolor, and more.
- Original artwork may be a literal or abstract reflection of the writer’s words.
- Maximum size is 3x4ft.
- All artwork on paper must be framed; canvas work must be gallery finished.
- May submit literary works to accompany artwork in a poem, essay, short story, songwriting form.
- Not to exceed one page or 40 lines.
- Multiple columns will be allowed.
SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Sign-up and confirm your participation to be paired with a writer/
artist at email@example.com or
- Attend brief overview meeting on June 11th at 6:30 and stick around for Waco Poet’s Society’s 2nd Saturday Open Mic at Rufi’s Cocina, 1801 N 25th St.
- $25 per participating artist, due by June 20th
- Pieces must be finished by July 22nd.
- Set up is on August 4th.
- Exhibit opens August 6th.
EXHIBIT OPENING FESTIVITIES:
- Please, check back soon; as we continue to get participants for this exhibit. Thank you.